Game Changer In Sports Performance Training
Performance Training, the same type of training used by professional athletes, goes beyond simply strengthening specific muscle groups. Performance training methods center on improving all facets of athletic ability: cardiovascular capability, movement patterns, flexibility, coordination, injury prevention, and more. Founded in 2003, Velocity Sports Performance- South Jersey delivers results oriented training in a positive, safe environment. Scientific and Medically based training programs in semi-private groups are designed for anyone and everyone starting at the age of seven years old to professional; regardless of age, gender, skill level, or athletic or fitness goals.
Why Do You Train?
Research and experience proves that competence in sports leads to confidence in life. At Velocity Sports Performance we know the answer to the question, Why Do You Train, is as unique as the athlete. Whether you are a professional athlete preparing for the season, a JV player trying to make varsity, or a first time athlete hoping to play for five minutes, Velocity can help you meet your fitness and training goals. Our scientific and medically based programs, bolstered by our nationally certified staff, and state of the art facility, help athletes become faster, stronger, and more explosive. The result? Superstar performance every game from start to finish.
Training Programs Designed To Help You
- Increase Your Speed and Agility- whether it’s separation speed or closing speed, fast means nothing if you are tripping over your cleats. Velocity Training blends proper movement techniques with agility exercises to improve both coordination and timing.
- Achieve Greater Levels of Strength and Power- The key to the game? Last minute strength and staying power. Velocity’s Certified and Degreed Sports Performance Coaches use innovative techniques to increase maximal strength, explosive power, and stability to give the athlete the ability to finish the game stronger and tougher than their opponent.
- Gain Balance and Agility- Great plays require more than just strength. Our programs improve the way an athlete moves with protocols that increase foot quickness and steady lateral movement. This leads to improved weight distribution, balance, agility, and side-to-side cutting ability.
- Reduce the Likelihood of Injury- You can’t play the game if you are sitting on the bench. Our training sessions will help athletes stay in play with mobility development, rehabilitation exercises, and movement analysis. Reduce the likelihood of injury with our specialized program that helps decrease the incidence of acute or overuse injuries.
- Camps and Clinics- In addition to Velocity’s individual (Personal Training) and small group training; Velocity offers various camps and clinics both onsite and offsite at various locations. These camps and clinics focus on sports specific training for athlete’s or team’s specific needs to enhance their athletic potential.
Clyde Folsom, head football coach and assistant athletic director at West Deptford High School, is a big fan of Velocity. For five years, his team has been training with Velocity during the summer twice a week. It’s no coincidence West Deptford was state champions last year and in the finals four out of the last five years. “There’s no question our success is a direct result of Velocity’s program,” he says. “After the first workout they’ve identified individual needs, and by the second are attacking weaknesses. They are highly organized and efficient, and create workouts that are competitive and motivate and challenge the players. I don’t know any other program that can offer the level of training that they do. Velocity is by far the best program I have ever seen.”